Tuesday, October 27, 2020

What I'm addicted to now(Another hobby)

  Hello, everyone.


I often say that workout is my hobby, but this time I'm going to tell you another hobby that I'm usually too embarrassed to talk about. I love Japanese monsters(Kaiju) like Godzilla and Gamera, and I've been collecting their figures that can move their heads, arms and legs, tails, etc., called sofvi since I was little. I used to play with them a lot when I was little, and I still play with them sometimes, but mostly I enjoy looking at them. The number of sofvi continues to grow over the years, and I have a lot of them in both my parents' house and apartment.


(↑Indie sofvi Corner at sofvi specialty store)

By the way, I've been collecting only normal monster sofvi, but recently I've been interested in indie-type sofvi, which are not major or produced in small numbers by designers or artists. These are often the original characters of the artist or maker and different from normal monster sofvi in that their designs are unique, their colors are flamboyant, and because they are produced in small numbers, each one is expensive and very valuable(about 10,000 yen to over 300,000 yen). When I first saw the indie sofvi, I was immediately captivated by the artistry of their shapes and coloring. These are works of art, and there are many fans, included me, both in Japan and abroad who are fascinated by this unique worldview. And I bought a cheap one last week as my first indie sofvi. I'm going to start collecting a few more. Of course, I will continue to collect normal sofvi as well. 


The two types of sofvi I've introduced here have different qualities. And all the sofvi I have are my precious children...Yes, I am a Big Daddy👨. I understand that my hobby is strange, but I want to continue to collect sofvi as a collector and a father.


Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I love sofvi too! I don't have a indie-type sofvi but I like to see that.
    Also I collect normal sofvi too! We have a same hobbies.

    ReplyDelete